porting application from forms and report servers 6.0 to 9iAS

From: John Cappelletti <jcappell_at_titan.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:24:03 -0500

We are preparing to port an application from rdbms 8.0.6 and forms/reports 6.0 to rdbms 8.1.7 and 9iAS. We have completed the port of the rdbms and are looking for additional guidance/documentation regarding the approach for porting the menus, forms, and reports. The forms were implemented using what I believe is referred to as a static implementation. That is, fmx files are complemented by html files (although not every fmx has a corresponding html file). References to the server, directories, and ports were hard coded into the html files, so obviously these would require update.

We searched metalink and have not found a reference that specifically addresses our situation. If you can suggest a reference--metalink or otherwise--it would be much appreciated.

thanks,

--
John Cappelletti
 Titan / AverStar Group.