Re: Delete Statement and Storage

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:51:52 GMT

It will use the freed space as long as the datablocks have been put on the free list. Which means that the space that was freed in a block has to be large enough so that the used space goes below the pctfree setting. For example if you deleted all the data in the last 100 blocks in a segment then yes. But if you deleted 1 row from each of 10,000 blocks and each row was very small and not large enough to force the percentage of the space in any block below the pctfree then no.
Jim