Corrupted Tablespace ?

From: Geoffrey <g.dufour_at_swing.be>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:33:02 +0100

Hi,

When selecting from a specific tablespace, i get this error :

IO error reading block from file 9 (block # 262171) ORA-01110: data file 9: '/myfile1.dbf' ORA-27072:
skgfdisp: I/O error SVR4 Error: 22: Invalid argument

I guess it is about a corrupted .dbf, isnt it ?

I do not have to Select from this partition anymore, so it may not be a big problem.

BUT : Each month, I have to delete all the rows from one specific partition (different each month) of this table.

To free space and spare time, I use "alter table truncate partition ... drop storage" statement.

This of course affect the global index (unusable state), that then has to be rebuild.

Here is my problem, I cannot reduild the index, getting the error previously described.

How can I solve this problem (I cannot drop the tablespace and create a new one).

Regards. Received on Thu Dec 20 2001 - 10:33:02 CET

Original text of this message