Re: A bunch of sessions costs a lot of memory

From: raghu <raghu1ra_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2001 08:27:19 -0800

Yi Zhang <zhang42_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3C1A8B3A.5387236F_at_hotmail.com>...
> We have an Oracle 8i to support web servers. There are about 170
> sessions keep open and
> almost 3 GB memory are used by those sessions in this oracle server.
> My question are:
> 1, I'm confused that if oracle sessions use large pool in SGA, 3 GB is
> much larger than SGA we set (600M).
> 2, Connected sessions are all labled with INACTIVE, can they be killed?
> 3, How can I limited the sessions to prevent them from unlimited expand?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Roy

hi roy
2.you can kill all the sessions which are INACTIVE using the following command alter system kill session 'serial#,SID' from SQL PROMPT 3.for limiting sessions you have to specify the initialization parameter SESSIONS= value in the init.ora file(parameter file) also
PROCESSES
bye Received on Mon Dec 17 2001 - 17:27:19 CET

Original text of this message