Re: Saving Current time in a date field from SYSDATE

From: R197509 <ramsunders_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2001 03:00:13 -0800

teague_at_isccomm.idede.itg.is.irs.gov (Paul) wrote in message news:<28e9e63d.0112130651.2f793955_at_posting.google.com>...
> I am trying to save the current time into a date field
> using the current system time provided by SYSDATE.
> I have found plenty of references on how to get the time
> using the TO_CHAR format model. What is lacking is how
> to use SYSDATE to save the time back into a DATE datatype
> field.
>
> Help.. Please.
>
> Thanks
> Paul
Hi,

   I'm not sure if I got your question right, but what I understand is that you want to insert the return value of sysdate into a date field of a table. If this is what you are trying to do, you could directly insert sysdate into a date field of a table. E.g.
insert into the_table
values(sysdate, 'c','v',123);

Trust this helps.
Regards,
Ram. Received on Fri Dec 14 2001 - 12:00:13 CET

Original text of this message