Re: really? Empty Datafile/Tablespace? and RESIZE ???

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <andrew_webby_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2001 06:41:25 -0800

The reason you cannot shrink the tablespace after truncating the tables is that the tablespaces high-water mark is still 'up there'.

Failing that, it could be down to the way you create your tables. If you make a 100mb table, then create a 200mb table and truncate them both, you will still have an empty table starting 100mb into the file...