Re: Oracle developers and credit history

From: Gordon <gordo954_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2001 23:27:35 -0800

"seanh" <seanh_at_isoa.net> wrote in message news:<muUR7.17$Mid.917639_at_news2.randori.com>...
> Would a past history of negative consumer credit (currently all debts are
> being paid or have been paid off) disqualify an otherwise well qualified
> candidate for an Oracle developer position? Does it just depend on the
> employer or is there an industry wide rule about past credit history with
> respect to Oracle professionals?
> TIA.
Seanh,
I would say there is no industry-wide standard since workplaces and cultures can vary widely. I would guess that financial institutions, firms/agencies that require secuity clearance would look the hardest at a credit history. But there are lots of places to look for work. I have been supporting a financial system including payroll for 5 years for a publicly traded company. My credit was never checked, although crimal records (none exist) were checked.

According to your post you addressing your debts responsibly and are moving forward to clean things up. People respect a person's willingness to resolve mistakes and pull out of a hole. I say move ahead to the future. Stress the assets you will bring to the workplace. Good luck.

Gordon Received on Thu Dec 13 2001 - 08:27:35 CET

Original text of this message