java unable to get a cursor from oracle

From: steve <E_at_E.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 05:59:42 +0800

Hi,
I have the following situation.

oracle 8.1.5, java 8.1.5 client drivers (odbc)

I have a procedure on the server written in pl/sql and a java client that connects to the procedure and recives a cursor back.

the server schemas are broken into 3.

A is the connection schema and ONLY has Execute on B and create session. B holds a package , that has full rights on c C holds the data

the procedure (in the package in B) opens a REF CURSOR and returns a select on some table.

but When the Java connects to the procedure it returns "table or view not found"
if I then give A "SELECT ANY TABLE" the package works.

However If i debug the sql using SQL programmer, then the package returns the cursor (even without the "SELECT ANY TABLE" being given to A)

I was under the impression that a procedure executed with AUTH DEFINER, unless you changed the package header. Received on Wed Dec 12 2001 - 22:59:42 CET

Original text of this message