Win ODBC and Oracle problem

From: (wrong string) ¾a <dalibor.krleza_at_vz.hinet.hr>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 19:49:40 +0100

Hello.

I'm using Delphi5.0 and C++ Builder 5.0 for developing my applications. Till now, for accessing Oracle 8.1.7.2.0 I used ODBC drivers picked on Oracle's site. Application I have made is transferring data from another type of database to system built in Oracle database. Two months of regular working showed no sideeffects on this ODBC link to Oracle. Suddenly I have noticed some strange errors. Since my application started to produce errors during data transfers, our client called us to fix this problem. I was using SQLExplorer to view data on Oracle database, and I found there was no any problems with data on Oracle. While debbuging transfering application I noticed some fields missing data. I looked again on SQLExplorer and field were regular filled with data.....

Is there some problem with BDE, or ODBC??? I couldn't understand next few things:

1) This problem occured after 2 months of regular working
2) Problem is within 2 records of 1000
3) How SQLExplorer displays this data correctly and TGrid type of object
doesn't???

I tryed to use DirectOracleAccess for Delphi5 and found this components are working perfectly.

Could your help me?? Dalibor. Received on Sun Dec 09 2001 - 19:49:40 CET

Original text of this message