Re: Oracle 8i and 9i

From: blurg <blurg_at_gluipzak.nl>
Date: 8 Dec 2001 03:50:19 -0800

farooq1974_at_hotmail.com (Qooraf) wrote in message news:<33f31376.0112070050.4eb1c0d8_at_posting.google.com>...
> I was just wondering, what is the difference between Oracle 8i and 9i
> and which one is better if someone go for OCP-DBA track. Any other
> info regarding this will be highly appreciated.
> ~Farooq

It depends on what you want to do with it. In this context, you'd like to do
the OCP track, and I guess that exam and book of yours (or course, whatever)
will be Oracle 8i, if you can choose, I presume it'll be more suitable when you choose for Oracle 8i.

9i has more bells and whistles, but these things do not apply to you, when you want to learn Oracle, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the best choice is 8i here, cause you are presumably preparing for these exams.

Blurg

<footer>
</footer> Received on Sat Dec 08 2001 - 12:50:19 CET

Original text of this message