Re: Does RMAN needs tablespace in hot backup mode??

From: Daniel <twinsxu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Dec 2001 11:57:51 -0800

When using RMAN, you don't have to backup a tablespace in hot backup mode (in another word, temporarily freeze the datafiles during backup and let the changes be written to redo log files). RMAN can copy a datafile one block after another and will come back to copy the block again if the block is changed when RMAN is copying it. So, with RMAN you don't have to freeze the datafiles and you don't have to set the tablespace in hot backup mode.

Hope this will help you.

Daniel