Re: Load slowing down?

From: andrija <ar35644_at_fer.hr>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 09:34:28 +0100

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-family_at_home.com> wrote in message news:LlON7.4791$726.2564202_at_news1.sttln1.wa.home.com...
> try dropping the table and recreating it (the load table).
> How are you processing the load data; is it written in pl/sql or what.
 With
> that high CPU usage it sounds like you are not using bind variables.
> Jim

I tried recreating tables, didn't help.
Processing data is actually linking document header and its details. In ASCII file they don't have any key, details just follow the header, so I must kreate key in some way. I use cursor for update on headers, and then I update details. In load tables I know which details belong to which headers bay line number generated by SQLLoader. Load table has index on linenumnber. I use sequence as key generator.

But mind you, the biggest problem is that this worked fine five days ago!! Received on Mon Dec 03 2001 - 09:34:28 CET

Original text of this message