Re: New Oracle 9i installation

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:33:09 -0800

Are you on the 9.0.1.0 release? I ran into this more frequently then, and the only thing that fixed it was to disconnect from SQL*Plus and reconnect. I'm not sure if the 9.0.1.2 patch is out on Linux yet, but I've certainly seen this a lot less frequently with the 9.0.1.1 patch at least.

--
HTH.  Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete
Author of "Oracle8i: Architecture and Administration Exam Cram"
Currently writing the "Oracle9i New Features for Administrators Exam Cram"

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA