Re: Largefiles, Oracle, Veritas, Solaris & D1000

From: Ian Diddams <didds_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:24:08 GMT

Many thanks for the responses.

For the record, I blew away one of the "delinquent" filesystems, and built a single disk/partition as ufs, leaving the other as vxfs... everything was fine, no size limits "reported" whatsoever.

Then I rebuilt the veritas partition... and the problem returned on both parttioitns again! I could use mkfile and setext eqally successfuly, and also used cat to copy one 1.5 Gb file onto the end (append) of another 1.5 Gb file (ie create a file 3 Gb big).

However the DBA was able to create a file 10Gb large successfully, so made do with 5x10 Gb parttions rather than one wopping great 50 Gb file. everything seems fine, so case closed from our perspective.

Once agaion, many many thanks for all the input.

Anyone know incidentally of a Veritas newsgroup (weither volume manager or file system or both combined/whatever?) ? An oracle one?

Didds Received on Mon Nov 26 2001 - 12:24:08 CET

Original text of this message