Re: "end-of-file on communication chanel " !?!?

From: Al Roy <paretooptimality_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Nov 2001 08:48:51 -0800

marianmanole_at_hotmail.com (Marian Manole) wrote in message news:<ab52679d.0111220123.2e80a11a_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have an Oracle 7.3.4 Workgroup database who it was saved one month
> ago on WinNT 4.0 Server, SP5, noarchive log mode, approx. 20Mb!
>

> Today I had a error message from one client:
>
> "Oracle internal error on Insert values [],[]..." ORA00600
>
> I checked the server and I find in the trace file the same message!
> Then I tried to make a full export of the base but after some tables
> it stops for 2 hours on one table! Then I killed the process and I
> restart the server!

I encountered a similar problem doing a full import. It seems to occur when a process is taking too long. In my case, I had a table of 5 million records with a few indexes causing the e-o-f on communication channel.
I was able to fix the problem by splitting the operations. Try exporting tables first and then indexes or export specific tables.

> But, after that, when I try to open the database, from SRVMGR23, after
> the mounting, I receive the message:
>
> "end-of-file on communication chanel "

The fact that you get this error after mounting seems to be related to some export process still running, try rebooting so you start clean.