Re: Changing to a new db with same SID

From: Pramod Ramachandran <pramod_at_rtimes.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2001 04:49:11 -0800

Hi Murali,

I use Oracle 8i under Windows NT (also need to setup a Win2000 server soon for Oracle). I have tried changing the db name and sid as well as service name in the init.ora, but the db is not starting. shows error : ORA-01033 Oracle initialisation or shutdown in progress. How can I use the ALTER DATABASE statement for the purpose ?? I understand from you that the alert log file is
D:\Oracle\Admin\OW30\bdump\ow30ALRT.log. There I see only one error message ora-1122 signalled during alter database open...

TIA Pramod.