DB2 v7.2 or Oracle 9i for large scale application development?

From: Mike Skvarenina <mskvarenina_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 04:49:51 GMT

My company is about to embark on the development of a large scale business application and are choosing between Oracle's 9i and IBM's DB2 v7.2. We are looking for comments from end users familiar with both databases.

We are also looking at Java IDEs, specifically VisualAge, JBuilder, Forte & JDeveloper.

If you have experience developing large scale apps with either of these databases along with any of the development tools listed, I'd be interested in hearing your comments.

Please reply to: mskvarenina_at_usa.net Received on Sat Nov 17 2001 - 05:49:51 CET

Original text of this message