ORA-28150 when logging in from a client

From: Isabel North <isabel_at_sambusys.com>
Date: 16 Nov 2001 04:32:21 -0800

Hi,

I've got a small test network, one PC running NT4 and a server running Linux and Oracle8.

Whenever I try to log in to SQL*Plus from the client, as a user that I have created, I get the error ORA-28150: proxy not authorized to connect as client.

I'm not trying to connect through a proxy. Until I had that error, I was not even aware of this facility in Oracle.

The strange thing is that if I try to log in as sys, I have no problem. It's only the users I have created that cannot log in. One of the users has DBA privileges and the other doesn't. Also, if I put the PC on another network and try to connect to a similar database, I have not problems with any of the users.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Isabel Received on Fri Nov 16 2001 - 13:32:21 CET

Original text of this message