Re: importing text data files

From: SteveC <carnwath_at_synygy.com>
Date: 13 Nov 2001 14:09:37 -0800

use the import utility. this is usually located in the %ORACLE_HOME%\bin directory (imp.exe). you will need to create a control file to explain to the utility where the fields are, etc...

an example of what one would look like is this:

LOAD DATA
INFILE 'MYFILE.SDF'
BADFILE 'MYFILE.BAD'
DISCARDFILE 'MYFILE.DSC'
INTO TABLE MYTABLE

    (MENUMBER             POSITION(   1:  10) CHAR,
     PRODCODE             POSITION(  11:  15) CHAR,
     PLANCODE             POSITION(  16:  21) CHAR,
     RECNO  RECNUM)