Re: Question on grant privilege

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 12 Nov 2001 23:47:23 -0800

"abc" <efg_at_abc.com> wrote in message news:<9sm6qd$l9q1_at_imsp212.netvigator.com>...
> Dear all,
>
> I want to grant the "create table" rights to user "users01" on
> specific tablespace, how can I do it? Thanks.

This is not implemented by the create table privilege. Oracle has implemented quota for that purpose. You need to
revoke unlimited tablespace from users01 (otherwise he can still create objects everywhere
and
alter user users01 quota <number>|unlimited on <tablespace>

Hth

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Nov 13 2001 - 08:47:23 CET

Original text of this message