Quering with partitioned tables

From: Ana <adalton_at_arinc.com>
Date: 12 Nov 2001 07:20:35 -0800

We experience a slow down when quering one partition on a partitioned database. Our contractor told us that the partitioning will be transparent and the we would not experience any slowness in our insertion rate. But unfortunately that is not true. Our database is partitioned by day, so we have 7 partitions. What we do is we insert about 300000 entries in the database every hour according to the day we are running. The first hour is OK, when we go the the subsequent hours it slows down. What we try to do in the subsequent hours is to query two of the tables for some information to use later. When I went to dba studio to look at the session and the particular query it said it was doing a full table scan (it is expected) and it was doing a partition range (all) and the partition start was 1 and the partition end was 7. Please note that there is data in only one partition at the time. And this particular instance never has more than one at a time.

If anyone has any ideas, we would appreciate the input.

Thanks, Received on Mon Nov 12 2001 - 16:20:35 CET

Original text of this message