Re: Oracle 8i PErsonal Edition

From: Yanick Hudon <yannik_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:59:18 -0800

Hi,

    I'm not a PRO, but i'll give a try...

    First, have you installed the Net Client that's coming with 8i??

    2. Do you know the IP adress or Machine name where the database is on the network??

    3. Do you know the Service name for this database??

    If you know all the answers, try to configure the information with Net assistant, there're the questions it will ask you. But Make sure you have the Network client installed.

Hope this helps!