IP Packet padding on sstored procedure call from Pro*C client app

From: heman choy <hemanchoy_at_altavista.com>
Date: 9 Nov 2001 08:53:07 -0800

Trying to understand/tune a 2-tier apps written in Pro*C and Ora 8. The app invokes stored procedures and expects lots of data coming back. On the client side, we've allocated up to 32K of data variables.

From inspecting the IP packets, we found that there are packets of 14K-16K in size going from the client to the server. There are lots of padding of bytes (hex 80 01) within those packets.

What is the cause for those large packets and how can we reduce the size and/or the uncessary padding? Received on Fri Nov 09 2001 - 17:53:07 CET

Original text of this message