Building a multilanguage DB

From: giacomo <giakb_at_tiscalinet.it>
Date: 9 Nov 2001 10:33:56 -0800

Hi,
I think I'm asking too much, but I try... :-) I need to store data in an Oracle DB in 2 languages, italian and english.
Imagine I have a table "mytable" with an ID (Number) and a Description (varchar); I would like to insert just one record in the table and have 2 "Description" values, one in italian and one in english. Is there any Oracle feature that enables to say that a table is multilanguage and so I have to provide 2 values for every character field? Or I've to manage this task by myself, for example creating two varchar fields ("Description_it" and "Description_en")? Received on Fri Nov 09 2001 - 19:33:56 CET

Original text of this message