Re: Controlling disaggregation of JOIN query against linked (oracle) tables

From: Bob Hairgrove <rhairgroveNoSpam_at_Pleasebigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 02:48:07 GMT

On 1 Nov 2001 07:16:34 -0800, claus.gehner_at_wwireless.com (Claus Gehner) wrote:

>"Pass-Through" queries require the ms-access users to be familiar with
>SQL in general, and Oracle SQL in particular.
>For our typical MS Access users, this is NOT the case.
>Any other methods to control MS-Access behaviour in this regard ?
>
>"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-family_at_home.com> wrote in message news:<xQHD7.1915$Fm5.1214497_at_news1.sttln1.wa.home.com>...
>> Use pass though queries then it will happen on the Oracle side where it will
>> be much faster.
>> Jim

Don't allow "typical Ms-Access users" to create the queries ... give them parameters (AKA "bind variables") to fill in, and send the queries as passthrough queries.

Also, you could create a view on the Oracle server and design the query around the view. Received on Sun Nov 04 2001 - 03:48:07 CET

Original text of this message