Re: import/export/load in Oracle

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:25:23 GMT

The msSQL tool creates the tables in "'s so the table name and columns etc are all in mixed case. (Yech)
The tool basically did a create table "myTable"("Col1" number....) and so select * from mytable or myTable won't work. You have to do select * from "myTable";
Or don't use the export tool. and do it another way. Jim
"hands" <jordanc_at_symtron.com.tw> wrote in message news:9rt0gs$1qjl$1_at_news.is.net.tw...
> Dear All,
>
> I got some questions, can someon help me ?
>

> Question 1:
> I run into the big issue about the import/export data from the existing
> database. I have some tables in MSSQL and I trying to export them to
 Oracle
> database by using MSsQL export tool. I found they were imported into
 Oracle