Re: SQL from access

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2001 08:58:11 -0600

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, zenki198_at_yahoo.com.au wrote:

> I've been developing ASP pages whilst using MS Access.
> However, recently, my clients changed their minds and wanted it
> to be implemented in Oracle. Now I have around 130 odd pages,
> and each one of them has Access SQL statements in them.

Suppose you had to do this from Access to SQLServer. Doesn't SQLServer have tools to help you do this, (I did a quick search and found upsizer?)? If so, then do it to SQLServer and then take the SQL generated from that process and try to fix them to work with Oracle. Might be alot less work.

Not sure if this is valid, but sounds plausible.

--
Galen deForest Boyer