**Please Help**Inconsisent Datatypes Error

From: deejay <djuravel_at_dgny.com>
Date: 30 Oct 2001 10:33:08 -0800

Working with oracle 8i on Solaris:

My oracle object is converted to a java object via jpublisher using the SQL*Data interface. (usertypes=jdbc). This object contains 2 fields. One is another object (named innerObj) and the second field is a plain varchar2. When passing my object to a stored procedure, I get inconsistent dataype error. The error occurs only when the oracle object is converted with the SQL*Data interface (usertypes=jdbc). If I use the CustomDatum interface (usertypes=oracle) no error occurs. For some reason, my DBA wants to use only SQL*Data interface with stored procedures. I map the inner object and outer object to the proper oracle objects in both the stored procedure and the test program. What am I doing wrong? What's the difference in code when the java object implements the SQL*Data interface as opposed to the CustomDatum interface?

THIS PROBLEM IS HOLDING UP OUR PRODUCTION. PLEASE RESPOND ASAP OR REFER ME TO A GOOD SOURCE. Thanking you in advance,

DeeJay Received on Tue Oct 30 2001 - 19:33:08 CET

Original text of this message