date format

From: andrija <ar35644_at_fer.hr>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:18:52 +0100

I have date column in a table and defined index on that column. When I query that table, I use 'where date between xxx and yyy'. Problem is that date column contains time also, which is not important to me. So if I use query like this:

select * from table where to_char(date,'DD.MM.YYYY') ='29.10.2001'

Does this query uses index? Should I create function based index? Is there any other easyer way? Can I force oracle to just ignore date in the column (because I've seen sometimes that time is not displayed in TOAD)? Received on Mon Oct 29 2001 - 10:18:52 CET

Original text of this message