OEM error during login

From: John <johnwallen1960_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Oct 2001 10:10:39 -0800

I recently installed Oracle 8i Enterprise edition on a standalone server with the dedicated option. I used the typical install method recommended by the installation guides so that the installation program would configure everything until I learn what I am doing (going for OCP).

However, when I try to login to DBA Studio via Enterprise Manager I get the messsage "check host name or configuration" (VTK 1000).

All services are running when checked under Control Panel - Services.

Any idea. Received on Sun Oct 28 2001 - 19:10:39 CET

Original text of this message