Message file spl<lang>.msb not found (Oracle 8 running on Win 98)

From: Mike <michael_p_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:08:22 GMT

I've just installed Oracle 8 on Windows 98. There were problems with the installation (a certain file wasn't found about 80% of the way through and it didn't seem to me to finish the installation after I selected the Progress button) but nevertheless it seems to have installed OK.

However, whenever I try to run SQL Plus, I get the error

'Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found'

Can anybody give me any advice on what to do? It would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike Received on Sat Oct 20 2001 - 22:08:22 CEST

Original text of this message