Re: What privilege user needs to access v$ views in Oracle 9i?

From: Ron Gardiner <rggardin_at_planet.eon.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 02:37:06 GMT

Greg,

Actually, in 8i "SELECT ANY TABLE" would not allow the v$ views unless the parameter O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY=TRUE (this is TRUE by default)

Regardless, you should be able to give them the proper access by granting the "SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE"

Hope this helps, it may be done differently in 9i, I can't help you there.

---