Oracle seems to connect, though no data is returned

From: LeXuS <aw.walgreen_at_pg.tno.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:22:46 +0200

Hello,

Connecting to Oracle with the following lines of code:

 Set cnnOracle = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")  cnnOracle.CursorLocation = adUseClient

 strConn = "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=HD7P.world;User ID=myuserid;password=mypassword"
 cnnOracle.Open strConn

Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet") rs.Open "SELECT * FROM ITSM51.EMPLOYEE", cnnOracle

Response.Write rs.Recordcount

It all seems to work. It returns a recordcount. If I want to output any fielddata however, I only get ?? question marks instead of data displaying. If I use Response.Write rs.Fields.Item("SEARCHCODE").Value it should return a searchcode for the employee, I get ?? instead.

What am I doing wrong????

Thank you al in advance!

Please respond to aw.walgreen_at_pg.tno.nl if possible