Re: Developer 2000 connection problems

From: Henry Hayden <gumzilla_at_voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 01:01:53 GMT

Hassan Ayub wrote:

> Hi,
> you can go into the services in the control panel and set the
> property of the TNSListner to automatic so that every time you boot
> up, the service will be started but before that do the following
> steps:
>
> Go into your Oracle 8i home ( the path is :\network\admin),copy files
> sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora and paste them in Developer 2000 home (the
> path is :\net80\admin). These files already exist in your Developer
> 2000 directory, so just overwrite them but do make a copy of them
> before pasting!!
>
> After this you can easily connect from your Developer 2000 tools like
> Form and Report and do remember do give the database name in the
> database filed in the connect dialog box(the database name is the same
> name which you chose earlier while installing Oracle 8i).
>
> Hassan

That has solved the problem. In my orant\network\admin directory, there *were* no .ora files. I just copied them from the ora81\network\admin directory, and just connected via Procedure Builder. Thanks again for your help.

Henry Received on Tue Oct 16 2001 - 03:01:53 CEST

Original text of this message