JDBC Thin Driver NLS Support

From: Elad Altstein <elada_at_newapplicom.co.il>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:24:51 +0200

Hi,

Simple question really, the Oracle 8.1.6 JDBC Driver documentation clearly states the following:

"...NLS support for CHAR/VARCHAR data members of Objects and

    Collections for a few commonly used character sets. These     character sets are: US7ASCII, WE8DEC, WE8ISO8859P1 and UTF8.

Users must include the appropriate extension zip in their CLASSPATH if utilization of other character sets in CHAR/VARCHAR data members of Objects/Collections is desired. ...."

I am using the ISO8859P8 character set, and I am experiencing some mismatched character conversions using the JDBC Thin Driver and the included "nls_charset12.zip" character conversion classes.

My question is... (finnaly..) do the inlcluded nls character classes support the ISO8859P8 and if not, where can I download the extension zip for it.

Thanks,
Elad Altstein. Received on Mon Oct 15 2001 - 17:24:51 CEST

Original text of this message