Re: ORA-27101 Shared memory realm does not exist ??? What is this?

From: rob <rob_at_dsdelft.nl>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 13:07:25 +0200

"zombie" <serpo_letum_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:fbuhstod09fafndupnqo0c0cgr6iur9s26_at_4ax.com...
> I am install in O8 Personal and Dev 2000 on a 2000 Pro box. I copied
> my sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora in to the correct directories. When I
> use SQL Plus 8 I get the error message. I also get ora-01034 ORACLE
> not available... What does it mean NOT AVAILABLE??? I installed it,
> it's running??? PLEASE HELP, before I start to have a drinking
> problem!!! TIA!

Your database is fine but the client connection is looking at the wrong place somehow.
Check your ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID parameters when starting sqlplus. Adding ORACLE_HOME parameter to tnsnames.ora has solved this problem for me a few times.

    (CONNECT_DATA =

      (SID = sid)
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (ORACLE_HOME = /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6)
    )

Oracle home is the ORACLE_HOME of the database/listener.

Regards
Rob Received on Sun Oct 14 2001 - 13:07:25 CEST

Original text of this message