Re: we are in deep trouble regarding datafile

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:45:19 +0200

Vishal Lavti wrote:

> Hi all,
> we are facing a problem from last one month and we are not able to
> solve this .
> Please help us.We are using windows2000,Oracle8 Enterprise Edition
> Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production.
> the whole database is stored on e: and size of e: is 18 GB.the free
> space on disk is 6.22GB.Now the prolem is with database tc20.
> there are tow datafile of tc20
> tc20.dbf 4gb
> tc2002.dbf 40mb
> It happens with tc20 that when we log into tc20 it says
> Oracle not available
> afetr that gogn to svrmgr we startup database we encounter this
> problem.
>
> ORA-01122: database file 7 failed verification check
> ORA-01110: data file 7: 'E:\ORADATABASE\DATAFILES\TC20.DBF'
> ORA-01251: Unknown File Header Version read for file number 7
>
> the actual problem is this that there is mismatch in size of datafile
> in control file and Os file.
> we are not able to solve this problem.Please help us.
> thanks
> Vishal

Call M$ help - you cannot address over 4GB (altho I thought it was 2GB for
Windows) per file. Quite odd that Oracle was allowed to create a file that size...
But then again: MS/DOS V1.01 had a nasty bug: you could create a file with a space
in the name, but you could never get rid of it. Made it up to 6.2...

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel