Trying to change data in a staging table.

From: Tim Lawton <tblawton_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:25:32 GMT

I have a problem where I am populating a staging table via triggers. During one transaction I updata a column for an email record, say email1. A trigger fires and updates the email1 record in the staging table. I then as part of the same transaction assign the email to a user and the stagind table then gets an insert of the user record. Within the same trigger, immediately after the insert of the user, I try and update the email1 record, and the transaction hangs.

Any thoughts?
BTW, there are no messages in the alert log. Received on Wed Oct 10 2001 - 19:25:32 CEST

Original text of this message