Re: Error Handling in Stored Procedures - Oracle 8.1.7

From: Bradley Crockett <bcrockett_at_altavista.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 00:29:06 GMT

In article <1e562f83.0110090155.a94a51a_at_posting.google.com>, ramsunders_at_yahoo.com says...

>handler. After the exception handling is done, I need to go back to
>the procedure to continue with the next element in the array. As I
>understand, once control passes to the exception block, it cannot
>return to the procedure.
> Is there any way, I can achieve this?

Ram, break up your code into smaller units. Have a sub-procedure handle the exception handling, and then the calling procedure will never even know it happened and will carry on. Received on Wed Oct 10 2001 - 02:29:06 CEST

Original text of this message