RE: Experience of Informix -> Oracle conversions

From: William Rice <ricew_at_operamail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 14:00:57 -0400

>===== Original Message From "Neil Truby" <neil.truby_at_ardenta.co.uk> =====
>"Obnoxio The Clown" <obnoxio_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 19:43:19 +0100, "Neil Truby"
>> <neil.truby_at_ardenta.com> wrote:

>> I haven't done I to O, but I once did an O to I migration in less time
>> than it took to sort out the pain of upgrading from O7.3 to O8... :->
>
>Thanks. I'll mention it.
>Any ideas where I can get some intelligible IDS/DB2/Oracle benchamrk results
>from? Not TPC, that's for sure. Yes, I know it's all bollocks, but I need
>to find something somewhere to back up the "performance" section, which so
>far reads "Most people on cdi say IDS is faster ...."
>
>thanks
>Neil

For XPS I can get some Oracle dba's who will tell you Informix is faster... I don't think that will help you to much though... Is there any way you can put an Oracle and Informix instance on the same machine and do some basic benchmarks? I don't have access to any boxes with both installed ...

Will Received on Mon Oct 08 2001 - 20:00:57 CEST

Original text of this message