Re: Help installing Oracle 8i personal edition w/Windows ME????

From: Pete Hawdon <peter.hawdon_at_ppa.nhs.uk>
Date: 5 Oct 2001 01:45:24 -0700

Thats almost entirely incorrect.

add the following line to the [compatibility95] section of win.ini

Jrew=0x00080000

now Reboot.

Install Oracle 8i personal for Win NT/2000.

Oracle recommends a reboot at this stage but DONT.

Oracle may add a non standard path statement to the autoexec.bat file.

modify this SET PATH statement to use short filenames if you find a quoted LFN string in the path statement.

You can confirm that path is OK by examining registry entry for: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\Environment

NOW REBOOT. Oracle does not support the use of 8i personal edition with Win ME but have authorised these workarounds for testing purposes.