Re: Problems Installing 8.1.7 on WinNT Server

From: Guy Quesnel <guy.quesnel_at_eds.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2001 09:12:43 -0700

I've remove the Oracle software a number of time on WinNT over the past year, and the way I do it is to;
1) Delete the software from my disk
2) Using 'regedit' delete most references to anything that is related to Oracle

I do this by searching through the entire registry for 'ora' note that you get a few extra hits for 'stORAage','corpORAtion', ... note that you may need to remove a higher node, once you find an Oracle leaf

3) Reboot, and then proceed with the installation

Also note that I sometime leave leaves that refer to Oracle, but fall under another products node (i.e TOAD, ODBC...)

Good luck.
Guy.