Re: Problems Installing 8.1.7 on WinNT Server

From: Roger <cirm_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 4 Oct 2001 06:13:46 -0700

allenstephen_at_hotmail.com (Chuey) wrote in message news:<9fba12d2.0110030535.68befaae_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi
>
> Having problems with Oracle8i Enterprise Edition 8.1.7 installation on
> Dell Poweredge 2400 with WinNT server.
>
> Initialy attempted install off network. Each time it stoped at 19%.
> Then tried installing from CD, and it now stops at 22% claiming that
> it has already found an Oracle service running. Of course there was no
> service running, but there was one listed. I disabled it, removed
> oracle files from computer and tried to re-install...and it hangs on
> 22%
>
> What I want to know is, is there a way to remove ALL files and ALL
> registry entries Oracle throws into the system. Apart from doing a
> full rebuild this is the only option I can see...
>
> Thanx
> Chuey

To remove Oracle8i from your server, launch the OUI (SETUP.EXE) from your CD and uninstall all components then open the registry and delete all ORACLE references.

regarding your installation problems, you are saying that you want to install Oracle8i on NT. What is your configuration i.e. CPU speed, Memory, Hard Disks??? I have been playing a lot with Oracle8i and I suggest you increase the size of the pagefile (2-3 times the size of physical memory, not more than 4,096MB during the installation). You may also want to have a closer look at the response files (.rsp) in the \response directory. You will then install faster in 'silent mode'. Let me know.

Roger Received on Thu Oct 04 2001 - 15:13:46 CEST

Original text of this message