Re: Installing Oracle 8.17

From: Roger <cirm_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 4 Oct 2001 06:06:56 -0700

joedelmonte_at_yahoo.com (Joe) wrote in message news:<3d0cf525.0110031226.31fdfc62_at_posting.google.com>...
> "Robert Lada" <rllalex_at_ne.mediaone.net> wrote in message news:<AfCu7.70985$vq.13189820_at_typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to install Oracle Client tools on a Win 2000 professional box,
> > but when I click the setup icon, nothing happens. I get an hourglass on the
> > mouse for about 10 seconds, but no application starts on the screen. I
> > tried disabling Norton Anti-virus, but that didn't help either.
> >
> > Anyone ever run into this ??
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > RLL
> > blada_at_edumatch.com
>
> The problem is with the Oracle Univeral Installer and either Java
> runtime compatibility issues OR some kind of Pentinum 4 problem. I
> gave up and went to Windows 98 :-(
>
> I can't tell you more than that, I just know it has nothing to do with
> Norton...

When installing Oracle8i, adjust your pagefile (double or triple total physical memory for the installation). If you are running a P4 then Joe is right, you must get the patch from Metalink. You may also want to try to install with a response file (.rsp).

Roger Received on Thu Oct 04 2001 - 15:06:56 CEST

Original text of this message