Re: Data Migration to Oracle

From: Hassan Ayub <hassan_ayub_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2001 04:29:51 -0700

Hi there,

     First of all you should convert your DBase files (which are in .dbf extension) to Access. Make sure that you have Access 97 (i.e., Office 97), as I have done this conversion doing Access 97. Access will simply convert the files in .mdb extension using the Get External Data submenu in File menu. Once you have .mdb files, then use Oracle 8 Migration Assisstant to convert the files to Oracle. The Assistant is very user friendly and will guide you step by step to convert the tables into Oracle.

If you still find any problems,feel free to contact me.

Hassan

hassan_ayub_at_yahoo.com Received on Wed Oct 03 2001 - 13:29:51 CEST

Original text of this message