Re: How to create System DSN for Microsoft ODBC programatically

From: Matthias Gresz <nospam_at_newsranger.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 13:08:44 GMT

In article <b8b0d477.0109280113.74cc5e4d_at_posting.google.com>, sreejumon says...

>Hi,
> I want to create system DSN for Microsoft ODBC for Oracle
>programatically. It must be in visual basic or in Visual c++. Coluld u
>plase give any hints or sample code for this.
>Thanks in advance
>Sreejumon

Your question might be a bit OT here, since it deals with making changes to the registry. (HKLM/software/odbc/odbc.ini and HKLM/software/odbc/odbc/odbcinst.ini).
If you're planing to set up an initial dsn and then changing its definiton during runtime: FORGET it! It won't work since the underlying jet-engine saves the definition in some kind of cache and will use the cached definiton thow you changed it in the registry.
Matthias Received on Tue Oct 02 2001 - 15:08:44 CEST

Original text of this message