Multilingual on oracle

From: rohit <rohit_ab_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2001 00:49:25 -0700

I am working on a multilingual project. One existing application needs to converted into multilingual environment where application accept the input in 4 different languages (Chinese simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese and thai)
 Application is installed on Windows 2000, using Oracle 8i as backend with UTF8 char-set and using Oracle ODBC driver version 8.1.6.0.0  First problem - I have configured the input locale for multilingual characters, but VB standard control (like Text Box) is not accepting all the languages characters.
 Second Problem (Major one) - Characters are not getting stored in the database as i have entered. ( I gone thru' the internet....In my knowledge it is because of Oracle provided ODBC driver itself).  If you have any solution of these above specified problems then please let me know....it is too urgent.

rohit Received on Thu Sep 27 2001 - 09:49:25 CEST

Original text of this message