Re: Oracle 9i Lite - Install Problems

From: Mike Casey <mcasey_at_rcrh.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 08:35:33 -0600

It seems that the JAVA stuff (OEM,OLITE) all have issues with Pentium 4 processors.

You have to find the file symcjit.dll that gets installed by oracle and rename it to something...like symcjit.dll.old. Mine was in c:/Program files/Oracle.

Then it works ok.

There are posts on Oracle Metalink if you search for Pentium-4 that discuss the issues with OEM, but haven't seen any about OLite.