Re: Oracle 9i Lite - Install Problems

From: web_surfer <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2001 03:10:50 -0500

Trying to install it on a win2kpro notebook.

I am having the same if not worst problem.

The error:

The Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin\jrew.exe. Hence, the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run. Please visit http://www.javasoft.com and install JRE version 1.1.7 or higher and try again.

I went to javasoft.com and downloaded and installed the file j2re-1_3_1_01-win.exe

How ever after i installed it. i looked for the jrew.exe file but it didnt exist. I typed jre in the command prompt but no thing happened.

Im quite stuck as to what to do. Im a newbe and learning oracle for the first time.

What do you suggest i do?

--
web_surfer