Re: ora-12637 packet receive fail

From: Tony Hunt <tonster_at_bigpond.net.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:40:18 GMT

I don't know if you've already seen this....

ORA-12637: Packet receive failed
Cause: A process was unable to receive a packet from another process. Possible causes are: 1. The other process was terminated. 2. The machine on which the other process is running went down. 3. Some other communications error occurred.

Action: If the cause is not obvious, contact Worldwide Customer Support.

You could turn on the NET8 tracing feature and check to see where the packet is failing...

      Keyword   Packet Type
      NSPTCN
     Connect

      NSPTAC
     Accept

      NSPTRF
     Refuse

      NSPTRS
     Resend

      NSPDA
     Data

      NSPCNL
     Control

      NSPTMK
     Marker

Have you got a personal firewall configured? maybe this is blocking packets...